We started thinking we would feed a few birds outside the kitchen window. Then we learn more about birds, and that each type of bird has a preferred food. So we add a few different types of seeds.
One of the pleasant surprises has been the nocturnal animals at the bird feeder. To see what goes on at the bird feeder both day and night (especially when we are asleep, and especially the animals visiting in complete darkness), we purchase Primos Truth Cam 35 Camera. In addition to relatively low cost, the vast majority of reviewers on Amazon give this camera 4 or 5 stars!
Here are some of the day and night photos and videos we took with our Primos Truth Cam 35 Camera:
I recommend you get the 32 GB SD card, the maximum capacity which is supported.
Amazon currently sells the Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E) for under $25. Class 10 is defined as “high speed” at 10 MBytes/sec. How much can you store with a 32 GB SD card?
|Day Photos||3.1 megapixels (color)||26,440 photos|
|Night Photos||1.3 megapixels (black & white)||106,640 photos|
|Video||30 second high resolution||720 videos|
I extracted and paraphrased some of what Amazon has to say about this outdoor camera:
- Easy to operate camera without sacrificing performance.
- Simply load 4 D cell batteries, insert your SD card and slide the switch to photo or video and this camera is ready to go.
- All settings, including camera resolution, are adjustable for your specific needs and conditions.
- Capable of capturing both still and video images, the Truth Cam 35 offers a 40-foot nighttime range thanks to its 35 infrared LEDs.
- Captures video or still images
- 35 infrared LED bank
- Nighttime range: 40 feet
- Trigger speed: 1.5 seconds (0.3-second when camera is not in sleep mode)
- Image resolution: 3 megapixels
- Stamps photos or video with date, time, temperature, and moon phase information
- Supports up to 32 gigabyte SD card (used to be 8 GB)
- Back lit LED screen with large easy to read menu settings
- Live screen preview for setting up field of view
- Password protection for operating the camera
- Heavy-duty hook strap included
- Molded security cable hole through case for theft prevention
- Dimensions: 8.75 by 6.625 by 2.875 inches (H x W x D)
- Power: four D-cell batteries (I use an external 6 Volt encapsulated power supply instead)
- Has operational instructions printed on the camera door for convenience in the field.
- Trigger speed of 1.5 seconds (out of sleep mode) and takes images every 0.3 seconds when active.
- The camera can be set for multi-shot bursts of 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 images per triggering.
- All images are stamped with date, time, temperature, and moon phase information.
- Back lit LED screen with large easy to read menu settings.
- Equipped with a molded security cable hole for theft prevention.
Below I will add links to additional web pages of photos and videos taken both day and night with the Truth Cam 35: