|Click here for Glassblowing School/Class/Studio/Artist Geographical Search with 32 Criteria!|
These pictures were taken on July 15, 2002.
Martie showing how to make ICICLES:
1. One small gather at the end of a punty
2. Let the gather hang at the bench
3. Pull the end of the gather down with tweezers
4. Pull the end back up to the punty.
(this will then form a long loop, like a rubber band.
5. Insert an ice pick thru the end of the loop
6. Spin the punty to twist the loop together
7. Pull down with the ice pick
8. Hang to cool
9. Crack off onto a insulated sheet
10. There is no need to anneal.
11. Polish the broken end with a dremel tool. 12. The loop end can be tied with ribbon
to hang on a Christmas tree.
Martie recommends 7-11 Slurpee straws
if the icicles need to be shipped!
Here's what they look like when they are done:
(click to see the large image)
Make your own paperweight!
A few items from the Glass Museum
08:05:28 June 27 2017
glassblowing web page at 220.127.116.11 last modified: August 20 2006